0

That, my son, was smooth and intelligent

Posted by The Red Devil on Saturday, January 28, 2012 in , , ,
There are several things that you have to consider when you're dating inter-racially. The biggest hurdle really is culture. There are a lot of differences, no matter how "western" or "open-minded" you are, these differences will present themselves. It's a matter of working through the differences and struggles together.

Dating inter-racially becomes a bit more complex when you've got kids. I never really thought about how much this would change my children's perceptions until yesterday when my older son wanted to buy a toy.

He said he wanted to buy a Pegasus. A pink Pegasus at that. With purple hair and yellow wings.

Uh-huh.

"Are you sure you want that?"

"Yes, mommy"

"Why?"

"Because she will be the girlfriend of my chipmunk, Alvin"

"You do know that Alvin's a chipmunk and this is a Pegasus, right? They're...different"

He then looks at me with an are you kidding me? look and says, ever so nonchalantly "Pops is different from you but you're together."

...err... I can't argue with that, so I put the pink Pegasus in the basket and gave him a huge smile and a kiss on the head. I was so proud of him already when he lay another one on me.

"Besides, if I'm going to pick a wife for my chipmunk, I want her to be beautiful. Just like you, mommy"

Go ahead...do it... "AAWWW......"

Sige lang anak. Kunin mo kung ano ang gusto mo, lahat yan, bibilhin ni mommy...

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Diary of a D-list actress All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.