0

A letter to my children

Posted by The Red Devil on Monday, October 10, 2011
Learn from my mistakes my children. If anything, make me the perfect example of what not to do.

In this world, there are a lot of people that you wouldn't get along with. That's okay so long as you also try to see beyond the hard exterior of each person and try to find that one thing that makes them special because everyone has a good quality. Remember that there are reasons and necessities behind every action. Don't pass judgement so quickly until you know exactly what went on.

Expand your horizons. Explore what this wonderful world has to offer. Enjoy that moment where you're swimming with the sharks in Donsol or maybe memorize the way that real Parisian coffee soothes your throat as you sip it while you're at a nice cafe on Champs Elysee. Learn from other people and open yourself to different cultures. True enlightenment comes from accepting and respecting other people's beliefs whether they contradict your own or not.

Be careful with what you say. Words are dangerous weapons and they have the most impact. You can never take back anything you've said and you can never undo the effect of the words you say - be it positive or negative. There are things you can never make up for, even with a million apologies.

Love with all that you've got. You may risk getting hurt but if you hold back in love, you may never truly experience the real beauty of love. Your heart and your mind should work together and one shouldn't overpower the other. Learn when to let go and when to fight for what's worth keeping.

Life is indeed too short. It's okay to be cautious and to prepare for the future but don't forget to enjoy today. Dance, sing, play! It doesn't matter if you're 4 or 48. If you feel like playing hopscotch or hide and seek, go ahead and do it! Watch a lot of funny movies. Don't stop watching cartoons. And don't forget to help other people enjoy each day too. Remember that even the smallest of actions, if done with the best intentions and the purest of hearts can make a huge difference to that other person.

I may not be the best parent in the world. Goodness knows that I've made terrible mistakes (like combining your medications when I shouldn't have). But there's nothing more than I would love than to see you live your lives the way you want to. Doesn't matter what you want to be, I know you'll be the best at it.

So learn from my mistakes, my beautiful children. I know you'll make your own and you'll learn from them the way I did from mine. Be comforted in the fact that even if you don't want me or need me, I will always be here for you.


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Diary of a D-list actress All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.