0

Upcycling Project - hard case purse

Posted by The Red Devil on Thursday, September 29, 2011 in , , , ,
Decided to make new stuff from the old stuff that I had lying around the house. I'm trying to encourage the kids to find new purpose in their old toys or things so that they can also express their creativity and do their part in recycling or upcycling. It's never too early to teach the kids the importance of saving the planet.

 I had this little Disney Princess case that I picked up from Uniwide a long time ago for about 20 pesos or something. The only problem was that I can't get rid of the green sticker and it was very unsightly. So, my Princess and I decided to give it a new look instead.


 

 First, we taped over the metal clasp. We don't want to paint it or cover it with anything so we had to protect it. You can do this with any hard case purse or bag. I like the ones from Papemelroti but they're pretty enough on their own that I don't bother changing it.
 Next, we gathered old magazines and started snipping pictures or words that we fancied. This will be the new "cover" of our purse. Since I am in the entertainment industry, I thought it was apt (and also very tongue in cheek) to use photos of classic movies and photos of actors I look up.

After snipping the photos, just put them in one corner and make your PVA or Decoupage glue. To make this, use one part water with two parts glue. I use the normal Elmer's white glue. Brush the surface you're putting your photos on and stick the picutre and give the surface another brush or two. Repeat until all photos are used and the surface is covered. If you want, you can also paint the little spaces that can't be covered. I'd suggest using different colors and use nail polish too! It's shiny and it dries fairly quickly and it's waterproof. See, another use for nail polish!



This is the front of my new hard case purse. I have Maricel Soriano there (super love her), a still photo of Insiang with Hilda Koronel, the Burlesk Queen and Himala poster (I thought it was apt since ate Guy is making a comeback), Agot Isidro (so classy!) and Venus Raj.


Here's what I have at the back - Lady Gaga, Rio Locsin, Angel Aquino (love her to death!), the promo photo of A very Special Love and You changed my life. The quote is from that chick who plays Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl (dunno her name but I thought the quote was cool)

This is something very easy (although it's a bit messy) to do. My little Princess and I loved doing it and she now has a new case for her toys too! Now, she wants to make journals out of recycled materials. :D

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Diary of a D-list actress All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.