0

Supernatural Season 6 Episode 8 - All Dogs Go to Heaven

Posted by The Red Devil on Sunday, November 14, 2010 in , , , , ,


I know I haven't been writing much about Supernatural, but that doesn't mean I'm no longer a fan. I still very much am and in as much as I would like to write at length about what's going on, I've chosen to take a more laid back approach and see where this whole thing is going. I want to reserve my judgments until the very end, just so I can't be labeled as evil or a turncoat.

The truth of the matter is that this season really feels like it's trying to be cohesive with the previous stories and episodes. Let me put it this way - if you were to watch, let's say an episode from season 4 (any episode, you choose), it may look like it's an independent episode but it still is very logical and cohesive to the ongoing plot. It provides a connection to what has happened and to what is happening and to what will happen. This season's episodes do not feel like that for me. It kinda feels like it's being forced to be cohesive and relevant to the previous stories and plot.

I loved and disliked this episode for several (often, by the same) reasons. This new personality of Sam is both amusing to watch and is also very dubious. He finally developed a sense of humor (although some may look at it as sick. I thought the ball, whistling and condescending tone and questions he was throwing at Lucky was awesome! Comic gold!) I liked the beautiful parallel and contrast of differences in personality between the brothers. I'm still a bit wary about Sam now. He has admitted to all his (or lack thereof) feelings and how he admitted that it was harder being the old Sam. It's very understandable since Sam has always been a fount of moral dilemmas and ethics. This new Sam is easier to "manage" because there are no choices - he's only got one which is to finish the job. It seems rather poetic and sad as well because when you live your life like that, breathing becomes a chore and living day to day is just number counting.

I like the way a "monster" was portrayed here. It's like what Dave has said - "Do we think and believe they're evil just because they're monsters?"

Still, there are a lot of questions out there. How is the civil war in heaven connected to this war that everyone seems to be preparing for? Are the stolen "weapons" from heaven going to pop up in this war? Who's going to use them? What is Sam really up to? (Sorry, I still don't trust him)

Supernatural is shown on CW every Friday, 9PM EST.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Diary of a D-list actress All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.