0

Supernatural Season 5 Episode 14 - My Bloody Valentine

Posted by The Red Devil on Sunday, February 14, 2010 in , , , , , , ,


This has to be said and I say this with all the love in my heart for Eric Kripke and the writers and staff of Supernatural; This was the grossest episode thus far. They weren't kidding when they titled the episode as "My Bloody Valentine" I found myself to be squirming and making faces and turning green at several intervals of the episode.

Gross stuff aside, I liked this episode for several reasons:

1. We're back on track. I was waiting when one of the freaking horsemen would come on in, seeing that Lucy has decided to resurrect them. The plot and the arc has finally come together and I'm hoping that they keep the ball running. Although there were rumors that the show will be on hiatus AGAIN. Seriously? WTF is up with that?

2. Incredible acting from Famine, Heartbreaker Jared, Jensen and Misha. Although this week's acting award goes to Famine. He was really freaking creepy. There's something about evil geriatrics with bad teeth that gets to me. I keep on remembering that creepy dude from the cartoon "Courage, the Cowardly Dog" *shivers* The best/creepiest scene for me was when Famine said "Delicious..." after he devoured a demon. That scene right there had the same creepiness level as to when Dr. Hannibal called Clarice in Silence of the lambs. *shudder*

Dean was already showing signs of exhaustion. I think this was the plan of the angels all along - just run him down until he says "yes". It was truly heartbreaking to discover that his hollow was just too deep that his hunger is practically non-existent... Dean, baby... Just so you know, a lot of us Gutter Girls would like to fill that hollow - just say the word (Eh, Tammy?)

3. The re-introduction of demon blood is, I think, an inevitable variable for the show. It had to come up again, sooner or later. I can't quite put my finger on it but I'm pretty sure that there is an important pivot to the plot that revolves around demon blood. I was screaming at the screen for Heartbreaker Sam not to do it.

Awesome episode, if I say so myself. It left me asking more questions, theorizing and just wanting more. That's how it should be...

I want to see Bobby now, please.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Diary of a D-list actress All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.